How to be 10% Better
1. Would you like to feel less stressed?
2. Would you like to boost your motivation and get better at achieving your work and life goals?
3. Would you like to lose weight or get physically healthier?
4. Would you like to make better decisions either at work or in life?
5. Would you like to be more creative and inventive – perhaps because you run a business or just want to be more productive in life?
6. Do you want to boost your memory and ability to learn?
7. Do you want to get better at dealing with pressure and performing in public?
8. Could you benefit from learning small ways to be happier?
If you answered “yes” to at least a few of those questions, then my new book 10% Better: Easy ways to beat stress, think smarter, get healthy and achieve any goal may be for you.
I’ll give you an example of the kinds of methods you can learn in the book. So if you ever feel nervous and want to feel better, try engaging in positive self-talk.
Now, lots of people say positive things to themselves such as “I can do this” or “I’m stronger than I feel!” Maybe you’re at the gym and are saying “I can do five more press ups!” Or you’re at work and telling yourself “I can be calm and get through this.”
BUT the research shows that self-talk is actually most effective when you talk to yourself as if you’re another person. So you actually get a stronger effect if you say things like “You can do this” or “You’re stronger than you feel!” Or “You can do five more press ups!” or “You can be calm and get through this.”
So just remember: encourage yourself on with positive talk – but imagine you’re saying it to someone else.
Of course this technique is backed by science. So various scientists have found that talking to yourself as if you’re a separate person can make a measurable difference to not only how you feel but also how you perform.
Anyway, if you’d like more advice just like this, then do take a look at the book – and let me know what you think.